Medical Lab Scientist / Medical Lab Tech **SIGN ON BONUS** - Laboratory
We are pleased that you are exploring employment opportunities with Arkansas Valley Regional Medical Center (AVRMC). AVRMC is located in La Junta, Colorado, just east of the Rocky Mountains. We provide a range of services and serve the Southeastern Region. We are looking for compassionate, ambitious, and talented professionals to join our team. We hope that you will join our mission to provide extraordinary care. Applicants may obtain an application through our website: www.avrmc.org. All applications may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest in AVRMC!
- Perform patient specimen analysis for diagnostic purposes, under the direct supervision of the Clinical Laboratory Director.
- Enter all results into the computer system bring panic value test results to the attention of the Clinical Laboratory Director and/or pathologist.
- Responsible for cleaning, disinfecting and sterilizing various equipment and work areas in the laboratory. maintain laboratory inventory.
- Under the supervision of the Clinical Laboratory Director, processes specimens in hematology, chemistry, blood bank and microbiology.
- Process and demonstrate adequate knowledge and perform procedures in all areas of the laboratory.
- Process and demonstrate adequate knowledge and perform daily and routine maintenance on the equipment as required in all areas of the laboratory.
- Demonstrate knowledge of expected lab results for the infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patient. - Alert Clinical Laboratory Director and/or pathologist to abnormal results, panic values.
- Perform all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Verify that quality control values are prior to testing samples.
- Resolve any discrepancies before reporting patient results.
- Follow standard precautions at all times.
- Operate and maintain equipment correctly and safely, including calibration of instruments.
- Keep work area clean and sanitary condition: use hospital-approved disinfectant for cleaning.
- Responsible for inventory of reagents and supplies in the laboratory as assigned.
- Submit suggestions to improve the laboratory's efficiency. - Understand and confirm linearity of results, acceptable reporting range, and proper units, when necessary, to ensure that test results are accurate and appropriate. *Demonstrate flexibility to adjust to STAT, URGENT, and ROUTINE orders.
- Enter test results accurately in the Meditech system and ensures patient results that were requested to be paged or called are done in a timely and courteous manner, including critical calls. Follows policies and procedures for patient identification and reporting of critical lab values. Must adhere to and use universal precautions when performing any test.
- Be a high school graduate and successfully completed an official military medical laboratory procedures course of at least 50 weeks duration and have held the military enlisted occupational specialty of Medical Laboratory Specialists (Laboratory Technician)
- Have earned an AAS degree in Medical Laboratory Technology or;
- Bachelor's degree in a chemical, physical biological science, clinical laboratory science or the equivalent or;
- Certification through accredited ASCP/AMT is preferred.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package in a progressive environment.
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Life Insurance and short-term disability benefits
- Identity Theft benefits
- 401K retirement plan options (immediately available), Employer-matching after 1 yr.
- Rewards and Recognitions
- Employee wellness programs
- Annual salary increase opportunity
- Cafeteria meal discount
- Generous paid time off
- Shift differentials
All applicants must visit our website at www.avrmc.org for an application and more information.
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Other
Hourly Wage: $23.07 - $34.60 per/hour
1100 Carson Ave
La Junta, CO 81050